Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 3 – January 7 (addendum)

It’s interesting to me that the Orcas (killer whales) that frequent the areas north of the Washington and Oregon coast don’t follow the gray whales south for easy pickings (more fat, bigger families, and the expansion of the herds). Apparently they are satisfied to knock off a few salmon appetizers chased by a seal or sea lion entrée. In our world they wouldn’t make for very good investment bankers and would be considered homebodies.

I had a magnificent birthday party with a fancy cake and birthday song by the entire restaurant (English with some Spanish) along with some fantastic gifts. One of the gifts was “gimme that fork” a fork that extends 3 feet in length to grab a delectable off someone else’s plate (ironically my daughter Halley gave me the same gift several months ago - - perhaps I should change my eating habits).

A second gift was a “Get Out of Jail Free” card from Monopoly - - but I don’t think it will work in Mexico. A third gift was a tube of caviar which we will enjoy on our ferry ride from Baja back to the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment